Graphic Design InternshipGraphic Design Internship https://epiuse.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 EPI-USE https://epiuse.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Department: SAP Sales
Directly reports to: Bid & Quality Specialist
Internship duration: 6 months
Working hours: 8 hours/day during working hours
Primary Purpose of this Position
EPI-USE is looking for a dynamic, extroverted, self-starter graduate who excels at graphic design and all design aspects, both traditional and technological. If you can balance multiple tasks and have the ability to prioritize and always meet deadlines with quality and accuracy, then you can become part of this vibrant company. The main purpose of the Bid Office Graphic Design Intern is to support the EPI-USE Africa Bid Office to transform proposal documents with customer-specific themes. You will also be available to other sections of the business to assist with graphic design requirements.
You can get a head start in your career by joining our company, which will provide you with access to our resources and expertise and set you on a path to accelerated career advancement.
The suitable applicant must adhere to the following requirements:
- Graphic Design qualification from a reputable Institution
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects, both traditional and technological
- Professionalism regarding time and self-management
- Ability to present a design in a professional manner
- Must be open to criticism
- Eagerness for constant learning
- MS Office literate – at least Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work under pressurised deadlines must be part of your drive
- Innovative – provide new ideas to ensure proposal documents are current and surpass client expectations
- Undertake any other related duty and responsibilities as may be required by the Bid Office or EPI-USE Africa
- Reliable transport
- Own laptop for first 6 months
Main Duties of this Position
- Corporate branding
- High corporate standard presentations
- Creation of proposal documents / templates
- Transformation of proposal documents / templates with customer theme
- Graphic content generation
Theoretically based skills:
- A good understanding of the elements and principles of design
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- A firm understanding of Visual Culture for communication purposes
- Branding and corporate identity development
- Print and web layout design
- Create images that identify correct subject matter or convey a message
- Develop layout designs and adhere to corporate identity standards
- Present a design in a professional manner
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Print production
- Software (Adobe and MS Office) and traditional mediums
- Executable typographic knowledge
- Technical writing/copy abilities
- Dynamic, extroverted, self-starter who is independent, creative and driven towards success
- Must work well under pressure
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Personal time management
- Takes responsibility for duties and actions.
Personality and Interests
The suitable applicant should possess the following specific qualities:
- Analytical skills: Graphic designers must be able to look at their work from the point of view of their viewer and examine how the designs they develop will be perceived by the viewers, to ensure they convey the desired message and/or function effectively.
- Artistic ability: Graphic designers must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and viewers. The designer must have the ability to produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by traditional or modern mediums.
- Communication skill: Graphic designers must communicate coherent ideas with their team to ensure that their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
- Creativity: Graphic designers must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to viewers and have the ability to develop unique designs that convey a recognisable meaning on behalf of their clients.
- Time-management skill: Graphic designers often work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline and stylisation.
- Commitment: Takes responsibility for duties and actions. Be committed, respectful, motivated, determined, have a sense of humour, be flexibility and have stamina
Career aspirations / Long term job functions
With the successful completion of the internship, you can look forward to becoming a full-time Graphic Designer in support of the Bid Office and the Media Lab. You will work closely with other role players in the business to understand our services and clients. Long-term career prospects include involvement in the Learning Technologies team.
For further information or application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Because of the changing nature of our business your job description might inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
|Job Category||Graphic Design|